If you spend sleepless nights wondering whether you are on the brink of the next big thing or teetering dangerously close to spending the rest of your life in your parents’ house or not having a life at 25, 26, 28 etc, This is a list of the things you should do in your 20s to be happy in your 30s and 40s… The 20s phase is a very sensitive part in our life so we should be aware of all we are doing during this time.
1. Don’t be afraid to jump at an opportunity. In your 20s, you are still early in your career and life, so you not only have less serious obligations so when an opportunity presents itself that seems really unique or interesting, go for it!
2. Don’t waste your time in a job you hate. Find a job that you are excited to wake up and go to every morning. And if you can, save a little money, please do! Having a little financial freedom will allow you more room to pursue your passion with ease. And when I say a job you are excited to wake up to, passion and flair are key and should come before money to avoid depression in the long run. This is the time for you to embrace the principle of process that will pay you enormously in future. This is sowing time.
3. Don’t buy into what others may prescribe for you! Go after your passion/dream. Don’t be afraid to make that cold call, speak up in a meeting, or try something that scares you every now and then. Ask for what you want and you will get there a lot sooner than you think! There are no limits to what you can accomplish.
4. Write down your non-negotiables. Your 20s are a time to be selfish and to figure yourself out, what you like and more importantly what you are not willing to tolerate. Figuring out your non-negotiables is a must to happiness in the personal and professional areas of your life. 5. Do that thing you are afraid of. If you are scared of heights, sky dive. If you are scared of public speaking, join the Omaliving Show Club. If you are scared of failure, do something you know you aren’t good at, in front of people, if at all possible. Facing small fears will make you a bolder and braver person in all other aspects of your life and the big scary decisions – moving across the country, quitting your job, starting your own company – won’t seem so scary.
6. Be willing to embarrass yourself. The possibility for greatness and embarrassment both exist in the same space. If you are not willing to be embarrassed, you are not willing to be great. The biggest risk of our twenties would be never taking any risks at all. By risk I do not mean having multiple sexual partners or driving recklessly or alcoholism or smoking and so many negative vices people easily choose, I mean embarking on that tedious journey of self discovery and taking the bull by the horn even when people doubt your ability.
7. Look ahead! Being behind isn’t about comparing yourself to other people. You are behind in your 20s if you can’t get the life you want for yourself by your 30s or 40s. Dare to be intentional with your life, and to be real with yourself about what you think you may want in 10 years. If that’s too scary, ask this question: If I keep living my life exactly as I am now, do I like where I will be in five years? If not, then something needs to change because that’s where you are on track to wind up. 8. Make time to stop and reflect. Reflecting will allow you to see the signs that the world is giving you about your purpose. Once you find that purpose, jump at every opportunity to live for your purpose. And hold on tight because it’s going to be a bumpy ride. No great man had it easy. Greatness comes with a lot of stress.
9. Discover your purpose and origin. If you believe in a Creator, then know your Creator in order to discover your Created Purpose. If you don’t believe in a Creator, then believe there’s a legitimate reason why you were put on the planet. That gives you genuine purpose. And purpose is a fuel that’s non-toxic to yourself and others.
10. Choose your friends wisely. The biggest lesson we should learn in our twenties is to look around at the people we are hanging out with. Are they using their time and talents wisely? Have they decided what and who they want to be in life? Our circle of influence defines who we are.
11. Realize that your 20s are going to fly by. No joke. The time is going to pass anyway. You will be 30 before you know it. And when you wake up 30, the only question will be whether you gave it your all. Just go for it! You might fail, but at least you had the guts to try. If there’s something you want to do, then just go do it! Don’t wait.
12. Don’t rush. A lot of us in our 20s are in a hurry to get to where we want to be: graduated, established, promoted, in love. Your 20s are a time where it is ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. Don’t be in a rush to be who you are going to be. Just enjoy being who you are.
I hope with these 12 points I have driven home my points… In taking down these points always remember that you only live once!
Be Enlightened! Be Inspired!! Be Motivated!!!
OMA SAYS ” LIVE WELL AND SUCCEED, MAKE IT WORK!”
Anticipate Omaliving Show soon…