Behind every dark cloud, there is a silver lining! Yes, this is very much applicable to our dear GARLIC. Most of us despise GARLIC because of the bad smell that emanates from our mouths after its consumption. But what we ought to know is that there are some food we just have to eat just because of the huge benefits we get from eating them. GARLIC is one of such kind of food. If most of us know the health benefits of eating GARLIC, I know most will forget about the smell and eat as much as they can. The benefits of eating GARLIC are too numerous to count but I want to give you some of the reasons why you should eat GARLIC. 1. GARLIC Contains a High Amount of Antioxidants – The antioxidants destroy free radicals and reduce overall oxidative stress. Free radicals can damage DNA and cell membranes. High levels of oxidative stress have been associated with many diseases and conditions. Antioxidants are also beneficial for preventing types of cancer.
2. Garlic Lowers Your Cholesterol- A study found that the consumption of garlic reduced cholesterol by 9 to 12 percent. Reductions were noted in LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides.
3. Garlic is Antibacterial- Garlic acts as a natural antibiotic. It is able to eliminate harmful bacteria but does not kill off healthy bacteria as chemical antibiotics do.
4. Garlic is Anti-fungal- Garlic’s Allicin is also responsible for destroying fungi. Many use garlic as a means of eliminating fungal infections.
5. Garlic Thins the Blood- Garlic consumption has been shown to thin the blood which can aid in preventing heart disease, the formation of blood clots, heart attacks and stroke.
6. Garlic Boosts Your Immune System- Garlic has strong antiviral properties. To many in Russia, garlic was known as “Russian Penicillin” due to its abilities to effectively treat infections. A study found that garlic is effective at preventing and treating the common cold. It found that those who consumed garlic had significantly fewer colds and the length of their cold was shortened compared to those who did not eat garlic.
7. Garlic Lowers Risk of Atherosclerosis: Studies suggest that garlic may prevent blood clots and destroy plaque which contribute to the development of atherosclerosis.
8. Garlic Lowers Your Blood Pressure- Garlic has been used in China for many years as blood pressure medication. Additionally, the Japanese government officially recognized garlic as a blood-pressure depressor.
9. Garlic Helps Your Joints- A study found that those who eat high amounts of garlic were less likely to have osteoarthritis.
10.Garlic Prevents Cancer- Increased intake of garlic has been found to be associated with the reduced risk of certain cancers. This includes cancers of the stomach, colon, esophagus, pancreas, and breast.
GARLIC is a vegetable and a specie of the onion genus. And it is best to consume GARLIC raw. I just took GARLIC this morning. You too can start taking them. Its cheap and can be found in our local markets. Be Enlightened! Be Inspired!! Be Motivated!!!